Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by 7point62mag
Originally Posted by 79S
Fella I know up in Tok he swears by the 168 TTSX. every couple yrs he hits me up asking me to load him up 50 rds for him. (he uses a 300WSM). Its getting about that time again for him to hit me up. He uses that bullet on everything Moose, Sheep, Caribou and Brn Bear,.

I wonder why he uses such a light bullet in his .300 ? I wish they made the TTSX in 200 grain. If I had a .308 I'd use the 168, but I've always like the heavier bullets in my magnums.

There’s a fella on here that goes by John55, and he’s ran the 168 TTSX through about all BG here in NA from a 300 Win and Weatherby and swears it’s the best bullet for him from 0-500 yards. He messes around with others but he has the old standbye loads ready to roll though. Pretty good BC on them and being as they don’t lose much weight it’s hard to wanna go heavier unless you really need the BC.

Is your name Scotty by chance?

But, yeah, I think prefer heavy. I like the 220 grain RN Interlock and Partitions. They are SUPER reliable as long as you arent going beyond 300 yards. I have never Hunter with a monolithic bullet, so i suppose the guarantee of 100% weight retention, can afford you more lienantcy with the lighter pills.