I have a Super SARC with the P&G frame extensions in green/white grid Dyneema w full Spectra shoulder straps and bottom I use for backpacking. Never used it for hunting though it would fit an elk quarter inside nicely. I think it is 4500 cu in. I guess I never wanted to get blood on it hah. It carries like a dream. I have all the Kifaru KU pacs and prefer the KU2200 for day hiking. Over the years I've used pretty much all the Kifaru packs as well as Stone Glacier, Exo and Seek Outside. I have a Peregrine now as well. Seems like I use the Kifaru or Exo packs for hunting the most. I like the load shelf idea and the Stone Glaciers have this as well. Backpacks are a personal thing and what fits me and works well for me may not work for you. I don't do a lot of heavy packing anymore but the McHale SARC is a very nice backpack and carries extremely well with 3 or 4 days worth of gear in it. I like the belt and suspension and without the lid you can suck it down for day hiking. The only downside to a McHale pack is the cost but you get what you pay for and the cost of Kifaru, Stone Glacier, and Exo is not far behind. The best value out there may be Seek Outside. Not quite as costly and carry a load extremely well. You just have to see what works for you in the end.