Originally Posted by pointer
Jeepers. I'm thinking about adding a pound to my Tikka now with that stock/chassis... Dammit! wink Even though it is in 260 Rem...

I’ve used the KRG Bravo a bunch on heavy rifles. A friend wanted to put a lite weight rifle in one a year or so ago. I poo pood the idea for some reason, probably because it would add a pound. Fast forward to a couple months ago, and I tried an X-Ray on the T3 Lite for better tracking during recoil, and zero retention. The X-Ray wasn’t the right answer for a general purpose hunting rifle though the idea had merit. Swapped butts on the X-Ray and Bravo. That was the answer.

Though the Bravo adds a pound over the factory stock, it greatly improves spotting your own impacts due to straightline recoil, vertical grip improves stability and control in all positions, and the chassis is more stable for zero retention. It also looks like one can modify the chassis component to drop some ounces.

Since no one wants to make a correctly designed stock for T3’s (or most others), the Bravo is a great option even for lighter weight rifles. Add a WTO Switchlug, and one can bond the action to the chassis for 100% zero retention in any use.