At home, I use single piece Dewey cleaning rods. For me, they are impractical for range trips and hunts because of storage considerations, so I carry something portable. A while back, I posted about some pull throughs I tried. A close friend asked why I don't use any of the compact kits that use threaded, screw together rods. The answer to that was that I never found any that interested me. The big reason is that I'm not a fan of uncoated or aluminum rods.

Cleaning kits and the methods used to swab out rifle bores are very much a personal thing. And of course, everyone thinks that their way is best. He suggested that I try this one, and if I didn't like it, I could give it to him. laugh But it got me thinking that it might make a good Christmas gift, so I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow.

I don't expect that this kit is anything special, but it is compact. I don't know anything about this company or the product specifically, but playing with new stuff is generally fun. The only thing I know is the rods take the std 8-32 threaded brushes and jags. I haven't cleaned the rifles I had at the range today, so they can be the guinea pigs.

This ad shows the specific kit I am going to pick up tomorrow. I see that there are avid cleaners and then "real avid" cleaners. whistle

7-section rod system w/swivel tip combine to form a 33" rod
T-handle
22, 6mm, 270, 30 cal brushes and jags
Slotted tip
50 – 1.5" X 3" cleaning patches
Compact, weather-resistant travel case

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]