by all means Marine tex is plenty strong. It is one of the strongest "bedding" compouds available.Some of the top dog builders like GA. Precision and the Marine corps. use it.

MT, Devcon and Bisonite are the toughesty strongest bedding compounds available. Brownells steel bed is probably close, but I have only used it once when it first came out and didnt like the thickness of it.
You may ask what? thickness?
like acra gel I do not like mixing it when it is thick. I prefer to add coloidial silica to a liquid like compound to thicken it as I go, so I can control the thickness.

Currently I use Bisonite steel for the action / lug areas and an epoxy from west systems for the barrel channel. Both need to be thickened for bedding with the coloidial silica.
When I run out of my supply of Bisonite, I am going to use either Devcon steel or Marinetex. Probably both to see wich I like working with the best.
The Bisonite, while very strong, gets "hard" in the can before mixing. This only means that the can of "resin" must be put in hot water for a few minutes. This is a PITA, so I am going to try others when I run out.

FWIW

Celt