Originally Posted by Dryfly24
If you’re going to use PP, this is what I would suggest to avoid the nightmares most often complained about. NEVER, and I mean NEVER ATTACH YOUR PP ACCOUNT TO YOUR PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNT! Read that again a few times to make sure it sinks in...

This is what I do. I have a checking account devoted solely to PP. I can move funds freely between it and my personal account. It is associated to PP but the funds can go freely between it and PP and back in to my account.

OK, so why is that important? Because it acts as a firewall to PP. PP is notorious for freezing accounts at the drop of a hat for whatever reason. If you associate your personal, everyday account, you could find yourself frozen out of your money one day with no notice or reason given. And not just for whatever amount there happened to be some discrepancy over, I mean your entire bank account frozen.

I’ve heard stories of this happening to people for nothing more than a complaint from a buyer. Or a note in the comments section of his payment that they feel is not PC enough.

Get yourself a little account dedicated solely to PP. put just enough money in it to cover whatever transaction you are involved with at the time, and take out whatever money you get after it’s over to protect yourself.

Do that and PP can come in very handy for the type of stuff we do in the classifieds. Attach it to your personal account and it has the potentially to be a train wreck in the making.

That's good advice. I will do that.

LOL