Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah, he’s spoken longingly of past lymans iirc of 8, 10, 12x for bench shooting. Health failing some, so bench shooting it is. Re: mounting, the win m75 is a later one i think, having 3/8” grooved receiver. The Rem was d&t at the rear bridge then again over barrel shank, like a barrel block, with weaver bases installed. So, pretty ready to go.

Ed, you’re right of course on the weavers. He has the 2-7 on an anschutz bavarian (m54), and wants for more magnification. I found/bought a 12x40 AO leup for him for Christmas, hopefully he likes it.

Funny rascal, am down visiting him today, and he stumbled into an anschutz m64 with a leup 3-9x AO on it when we stopped in one of his honey holes. He got a wild hair and put it on layaway. So he doesn’t need any help finding nice rifles, that’s for sure.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.