Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Ha .. I have Leupolds that I have used for 30 plus years, still going strong,,

I'm beginning to think the older ones were the ones to get. The vari-x models... The glass was not as good as the newer ones, but the internals just puke on the VX1-3 and similar models... My boss has a newer VX6 model that he raves about and it has been acting haywire. I haven't the heart to tell him his scope is puking and not his rifle... The other day at the range, we decided to go to the 100 yard target first because he wasn't hitting chidt at 400. Sure as chidt, his leupold VX6 super scope was directing them 3" to the right and high. No wonder he was a foot to the right and a foot high at 400.... This is what guys don't understand. I mean Leupold lovers don't understand. But, if you are happy with that kind of performance or only shoot 50 yards at your critter, or just plink at rocks, and "hate targets", you'll never have a problem, I guess....

I’m not mystified in the least with Leupold. I’ve killed quite a pile of them over the years. My ones that I can’t kill easily are the M8 4x, 2.5 and 6. The newer 6x36 has been very good as well. I’ve got some older 2.5x8 and 3.5x10 that have also been good once they are set.

You can’t give me a newer Leupold variable. At least nothing much above their 1.5x5’s. The rest to include the VX6’s haven’t worked as they were intended.

Semper Fi