Thanks for sharing that advice, John. A question about parallax: I've read that if the scope is in focus on the target (the target itself is focused, not necessarily the reticle) that will be the point where there is no parallax. I'm not sure that's true. I was shooting with an old 16X fixed Leupold last Saturday, which has parallax adjustment. I was shooting at 100 yards, but the best focus, for my eyes, happened when the parallax adjustment was set at "50 yards". However, it appeared that the crosshair moved a bit relative to the target at that setting. When I set it to 100, the target was not in sharp focus, but the reticle did not appear to move in relation to the target when I moved my eye position behind the scope. I also tried to adjust the ocular bell, to get the fine crosshairs in better focus, but I found it difficult to have everything in focus - target and crosshair simultaneously. I can remember some old posts by our friend E on here where he expounded on the process of focusing Leupold scopes, but he got mostly ridiculed for that. Can you comment on the best way to dial in a scope to reduce or eliminate parallax? Thanks! (Edited to add: I just read the other thread about parallax, and saw your post about adjusting for it. My old fixed 16X has the parallax adjustment on the objective bell, which seems to strongly affect the focus of the scope at various ranges. The adjustable eyepiece doesn't change the scope focus much as far as I can tell, but it does affect the focus of the crosshair.) I've always wondered if there's danger in unscrewing that eyepiece too far - causing the scope to leak out the nitrogen or coming competely off. Are scopes generally built so that doesn't happen?

Last edited by fortymile; 11/25/19.