Originally Posted by Kelk
What can 1 person do with 3000 to 4000 lbs of meat in a year/season? 0 chance you can eat it personally. So, you're the asshat that uses the ends justify the means. Dont give a [bleep] if you donate or not. It's time to reign it in. Exponentially.

“What can one person do with 3000 to 4000 lbs of meat in a year/season?”

I can feed many families.

Mine
My adult kids and their families
My extended family (inlaw/wife’s side of the family)
The families of the homeowners in the subdivisions where I do nuisance culling for the city/town. The deer I kill with my bow are on their properties and they get the first right of refusal on the meat.
The coworkers I feed several times a year when I put on game feeds for them

“0 chance you can eat it all personally”

Correct but all of it is eaten by lovers of wild game. None is disposed of or goes to waste. 100% of it is enjoyed and wanted and valued by all that consume it.

“So, you’re the asshat that uses the ends justify the means.”

Yup those are words. Sure, it's word salad that means nothing but you did string several words together that almost made sense. Good for you for trying.

“Don’t give a [bleep] if you donate it or not.”

Thank goodness. Ive been wondering what your opinion was. I cant tell you how long I’ve been sitting here pondering if you cared or not so it comes as great relief to me that actually you don’t give a [bleep]. I really dodged a bullet here. Imagine if you gave a [bleep]? That would change everything. You not caring allows me to go forward without worrying if you cared. Next time, don’t wait so long to weigh in.

“It’s time to reign it in. Exponentially.”

Wait……………… What? I thought you just said you don’t give a [bleep]????? Now you want me to change????

If you have read the entirety of this post and my others, you will already know that I am a traveling bowhunter that goes from state to state all year long to hunt game AND I am authorized by my municipality to use my bow to remove deer for the City and Town to try to bring deer numbers back down to social and biological carrying capacity and acceptable levels so we have fewer car/deer collisions and less deer damage. I still have unlimited tags and a few months to help reduce our deer excess and while I am currently at 9 deer for the municipality, I expect that number to grow and the freezers of local families to fill with venison.

I told the elected leaders of the city and town boards that you don’t give a [bleep] if I donate all the meat and you can imagine their sigh of relief. You sanctioning our deer reduction plan for the next few years was just the sort of boost and validation we were looking for so thanks for that. They too wondered why you waited so long to give us your seal of approval.

Im glad we had this time together. Don’t be a stranger. Any time you feel the need to opine and weigh in on how you think I should live and what you think I should do or where you think I should hunt or what you think I should harvest with my bow, don’t hesitate to speak up. Your opinion is……………………… well………………………. Entertaining to me. It makes me laugh so you serve a purpose here. I will keep you on as my personal entertainer. laugh Perhaps try to build up to becoming an adventure bowhunter. See the world with a bow in your hand.

I can tell you first hand that life as a traveling bowhunter is pretty darn fun. You will have less time to cry like a little beyotch on the interweb. cry

Since you really seem to care and are deeply invested in my traveling bowhunting, you will want to see some of my bow kills from last season. (4,340 lbs of live weight bow killed critters). I left about 800 pounds of beef and pork in Hawaii (there is a great deal of poverty there) Did you know that on my last trip to Hawaii, that beef was $51 a pound??? There were lots of happy people on the waiting list that got some great, organic, grass fed beef. Nothing but good can be taken from that. there is ZERO way to spin that into a negative. Im guessing you will pout and try. (I will laugh my azz of) grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FYI, I working out the details for an African bowhunt as part of next seasons adventure bowhunting calendar. The locals would eat good. Make sure to way in on that. I need a chuckle. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 11/27/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,