Originally Posted by Mule Deer
You may get even more of a laugh now: I had to replace my flip-phone before the end of 2019, because 3G is disappearing on Jan. 1.

So I did, going back to the Walmart, where I bought my Tracfone flipper for $14.95 in 2010. They had a new model 4G version (which even includes a camera, absent from the original) for $19.99. Just activated it yesterday--and apparently it can take some apps! Boy, I am I excited now!

Mule Deer...I read this and went into panic mode! I have no idea what this means other than that I have a flip phone that I have been using for around 12years without any issues. It does all I need from a phone...send calls, receive calls text messages and receive messages. I have no wish to buy one of those over priced phones that everyone I know has tend to fail after a very short period. Guess I'll have to go to Wally World and see if I can find one of the $19.99 ones like you just purchased. If any of the tech savvy fire members would care to try to educate me on what all this means I sure would appreciate it! Hate to lose my old friend!
rookie

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"