I've used the Nosler 120gr BT in my 7mm-08 NULA for a few years now with great results. I don't recall how many deer I've killed with it here in because once in awhile I take that .243 instead for a little change up. Last saturday I killed a 175lb dressed 9pt and collected both bullet jackets shot at the deer. The first shot was as he was slightly quartering away and running around 100 yards away. My shot hit him hard BEHIND the stomach and he went right down. I don't know why he went down in a heap as the spine seemed intact but he did. As he thrashed around I waited till he gave me a clear shot at the chest and put one right in the base of his chest, just behind the heart. The lungs were mush but the heart was fine. The lights went out quick, the entire thing didn't last but seconds after the first shot......

The next morning while skinning him out I recovered both bullet jackets and a few minor fragments of the core. I was surprised that I recovered both and that the cores were gone. I don't recall if I've ever recovered any other of these BT bullets?

The proof is in the pudding I guess; dead deer on the ground with no tracking but I think I'd like to see some of the core in those jackets??

Thoughts??

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]