My brother & his wife do Thanksgiving with her family on Saturday. So, on Thanksgiving Day they host what they lovingly call “Thanksgiving for misfit toys” or something like that. They invite friends and family who don’t have anything better to do to their home for a meal. This year they had 8 people.

They live 3 hours away, and in talking about it I learned what my gal really wants to do is start a new tradition at home - she has traveled for Thanksgiving all of her adult life and she wants to start something here where we live.

I am starting to see a picture in the ol’ crystal ball of my future Thanksgivings.....something like participating in a Turkey Trot 5k run/walk in the morning, then making lasagna together and maybe inviting a few misfit friends over for dinner. That don’t sound so bad.

If left to my own devices, I would probably spend the morning drinking coffee in my chair, and the rest of the day at the reloading bench. I would take a break to make a sandwich and listen to Alice’s Restaurant, of course. 😁

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel