As in moving north, and we just did it. A job opportunity presented it's self to me less than a month ago in the Baxter/Brainerd area of Minnesota. I actually interviewed for the optician's position while on the way to deer camp. 'Told the clinic manager he'd have to give me a little leeway on my attire, as I was headed for camp. First time I ever interviewed for a job in a Woolrich shirt and jeans!

I was offered the position on the spot, and after some haggling, took the position a few days later. I've always wanted to get the heck out of the Twin Cities and move to the Brainerd area. This was my chance. We closed yesterday on a nice little house in Baxter. I start my new job on Monday. Special thanks to our real estate agent Tamara for pushing this purchase through so fast. We paid cash, so there was no waiting on everything that goes with financing a loan.

As is usually a case in The Land of 10,000 Lakes, there's water everywhere, including right across the street from us. White Sand Lake is right out our front window. The boat ramp's 5 minutes away. We started moving in yesterday after the closing. This house is smaller than our current one, but that's okay. Our kids are grown and out of the hose now, so the time was right. All ready met one of the neighbors-seems like a good guy. Can't wait to get the move completed. We'll be doing it ourselves, one load at a time.

If anyone's passing through Brainerd, make plans on stopping by for a visit. The coffee pot and the front porch lightwill always be on,and fire members are welcome any time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla