Ho jeez, I've been on the internet since 1992 or so... I've got pretty thick skin! Besides, you didn't say anything offensive or aggressive. And besides THAT, I have posted with my real name since the beginning and I'm not in the habit of getting in fights... it's just no fun, and it follows you around if you use your real name.

It's funny, 270 is a caliber that's just never interested me. Everyone talks about how flat it shoots but 30-06 shoots just as flat for practical purposes, and hits harder... if I want to shoot flat, I'd choose a 7-mag anyway.

I know .270 is a fine, fine caliber and if my first hunting rifle had been a .270 things would be different for me but as it turned out, it was a 30-06 so I got branded that way. Or something.

Pretty much everything ever made that's based ont the 30-06 parent case is a great caliber and same with the .308 case IMHO.

Of the new crop, I really like the 325 WSM. It's too bad that it's probably destined for the scrap heap because it really is useful, slotting right between 30-06 and .338 about every way. Note that I say between them... in my .325 WSM, at least, I get nowhere near the advertised velocities... it's no .338.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!