Don't necessarily rule out Iowa. I have a friend from Minneapolis that hunts there, as the drive is shorter than coming out here in ND. My understanding is that he has a buddy there, though, that has helped him to get to know people. That is the big thing, in my opinion - getting to know people. Letting them know that you aren't a flat-out lunatic goes a long way towards gaining access. A lot of the farmers around here post their land for deer hunting, or for their kids that hunt. Or for out of state family members. I find that hunting later in the season - after thanksgiving - is usually more enjoyable as most of the yahoos have given up for the year, leaving only the serious hunters out in the field.

Southern ND got a LOT of rain this summer, late. Still a fair amount of standing corn in places. Low spots typically holding birds were under water, though with freeze-up they may move back into them. Early season was pretty slow due to all the standing crops and water. I'm hoping things will perk up now that there is snow in the air....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"