Texczech:
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day was as clear and calm in your part of the world as it was here today - and of course a tad warmer!

Indeed as you've already guessed we reside in rural British Columbia, the nearest town being unincorporated Okanagan Falls, which in the old days was a sawmill town as well as the cattle auction sight for the south Okanagan.

For those unfamiliar with the Okanagan, we're Canada's only desert area, so the natural foliage is Ponderosa Pine, 3 kinds of sage - Antelope Brush, Sage Brush and Rabbit Brush, along with Saskatoon and some White Poplar and Cottonwood along the old river channel.

We've got a few scorpions, a few more rattle snakes and no shortage of prickly pear cactus.

Where I type now, we're within spitting distance of this lake 3 minutes south of us - Vaseaux Lake.
[Linked Image from britishcolumbia.ca]

That photo is taken from less than a mile up the back road behind our place.

This is Skaha Lake which is 3 minutes north of us.
[Linked Image from chambermaster.blob.core.windows.net]

That's the old Kettle Valley Railway trestle in the photo which is now a hiking/biking trail.

Anyway it's mostly known for our wine these days and by the awards the locals win, I suppose it's pretty decent quality. One of the local wine makers who wins a lot of the awards uses the meat pole in our yard to skin his bucks and as thanks he'll leave us a bottle of his latest.

I keep telling him he doesn't need to do that, but can't say the gesture is all that hard to take either! wink

We're about 45 minutes from Washington State on Highway 97 too so that's another geographical marker point I suppose.

Anyway sir, though I've been to San Antonio and then south to San Padre, I've yet to be in your part of Texas, but that's where we're from.

All the best to you as we head into winter and cooler weather.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 11/30/19. Reason: better desert info

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"