The Teslong was delivered today, only took a few minutes to download the recommended software to my PC and get going. Scoped a few rifles, my old 3000+ round .243 AI was a good lesson in what alligator skin really looks like.

Particularly wanted to look just ahead of the throat of my Tikka .22-250 and sure enough there was some kind of buildup right in front of the chamber with a bit of copper color and what I'm guessing is heavy fouling for a few inches more - still learning what different stuff looks like through the scope. The rest of the bore was pristine, btw. So I took some Copper Killer to it but after soaking for 25 minutes another patch came out with zero blue on it. That "whatever" was still there in the barrel. Have had the bottle a while but it'll still clear your sinuses with ammonia smell so it wasn't due to lack of that.

So, I ran a couple of patches of regular Montana Bore Cleaner through it and checked again - better, but not what I wanted. Sooo - I wrapped a patch around an old worn bore brush and smeared it with JB compound and gave it 50 strokes.

That did it, nothing but bare metal now, although I can see where even a couple hundred rounds of 22-250 ammo is starting to wear the lands right at the throat.

Bottom line is this is a very good buy and a further step up in being a "student of the gun" as one of the old scribes put it.

But it's probably not the best thing to get for a real OCD type... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!