I was surprised by the number of people I met in Idaho that have trophy deer mounted in their homes that they admitted were killed outside of the season. I've seen lots of trophy class deer on the winter range and still don't have a trophy mulie.

Drew an Oregon tag and was directed to an individual who had two B&C bucks mounted in his home. He told me exactly where he shot them and the approximate dates, third week of December. I looked it up, the season was closed and he killed them on winter range. Same story from another friend who said he just got tired of never seeing a great buck during the season so he just when after the season and got himself a dandy. An acquaintance to me shot his enormous old buck when it came down into the back of his property well after the season had closed and he couldn't resist shooting him. And then there are the guys that have shot trophy antelope but I don't want to run on.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein