Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
So asking that question puts me into some negative mind set???????

At first blush, I could not find CPM S45VN on Crucibles web site, hence the question.
I have now found that info and also watched the video you linked up for us.

Below is Crucuble's opening comment on that steel.

"DATA SHEETCRUCIBLECPM S45VN is a martensitic stainless steel designed to offer improved corrosion and wear resistance over CPM S35VN"

HMMMM

I will never use ATS34 (Hitachi) and left 440C a couple decades ago.

Although I appreciate the constant upgrade from technology, I do not have to have this weeks newest version of the .......
And I do appreciate those who constantly are designing, testing and tweaking the newest.........
Looking at the relevant differences puts things in perspective for me.

"It is not easy selling $700 plus plain Jane hunting knives."
----Correct, and I have no interest in that arena.

I want to make knives at a moderate price, of good quality and good R.O.I for the buyer/user.

Those who have to flirt with the leading edge-----I salute you and continue to hear about your findings.
Just don't get too carried away with the golden egg syndrome.

I think I will stop making posts other than what I am doing and let those who like that so respond.

I may from time to time ask a simple question though.

Tim not everything is about you! Nowhere in my post did I say what you were interested or not interested in. I posted a topic on a steel plain and simple! If you can't discuss topics in and around knives then maybe it is best you don't post. I know it isn't just me, as I remember when Rick was posting here a lot you were complaining to me about that. You are way too sensitive and insecure.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.