Originally Posted by CascadeJinx
Originally Posted by Reloder28
34 gr IMR 4320, 120 gr Nosler BT in my 6.5 JDJ (225 Winchester case) was a dream.

What kind of muzzle velocity were you getting with that 34.grn load and the 120 Nosler BT? Just wondering because your loads were way lighter than I was trying; but evidently gave you satisfactory accuracy. Maybe that is the direction I need to try with the IMR 4320 powder. But the Nosler on line data shows more than 34 grains as the starting load (actually shows 43.0 gains IMR 4320 as a start load for the 120 gr BT at 2758 fps MV)!

CJ

When I first began to reload for the 270 Winchester, I used JOC's famous 60.0 of H4831 and a 130 grain bullet. After putting the powder in the first case, and seeing how full it was, and realizing that the bullet would be seating on top of it, I became concerned. Called a neighbor who did quite a lot of reloading and he said not to use that much powder, because I'd blow me and the rifle both up. He used 4064 in everything he reloaded for, and I remember looking up the load he have me to try, and it was below the listed starting load for a 270.

Anyway, I finished loading my 270 rounds as I'd started, loaded the rifle up, put the rifle on one side of a tree with me behind it, and pulled the trigger. I probably killed close to 50 whitetails with that load, and never a sign of pressure. The neighbor also killed a pile of deer with his rifle and 4064 load, so it worked for him as well.