I have 4 of the "new" model 70s. One is a SC Supergrade in 30-06. Another is a fwt 06 made in SC but assembled in Portugal. Those 2 rifles say Made in USA on both the barrel and the left side of the receiver. The fwt has "assembled in Portugal" on the underside of the barrel only visible when out of the stock. The other 2 are a 270 and 308, both Portugal guns and are stamped "made in Portugal by Browning Viana" on the barrel. The nicest one of the bunch is the Portugal 270 with a high gloss stock, as far as fit and finish go. I put Timneys in the 270 and 308. An Ernie spring in the fwt 06, and the supergrade is untouched but has a nice trigger pull. All shoot very well, but the 06 fwt gave me fits until I had the crown recut and pillar bedded. It now shoots "ok" but not as good as my other 3. It also wears Williams steel bottom metal. If I had to do over again, I would have gotten rid of it instead of spending time and money making it shoot. Those are my experiences, and would not hesitate to purchase another shall the need or desire arise.