Originally Posted by Azshooter
Beretzs,

I put a SWFA HD 1-6 on my Rem Ultimate muzzleloader. Mil/mil with illuminated reticle. There is a tiny dot in center that helps to find center of a target even at 200 yds.
When your Leupold quits I highly recommend this scope.

Ah some will say when the Leupold quits. I had two Leupolds fail when it greatly affected me. One while shooting at a decent coues wt and the other the week before another coues hunt. I don't bother to mention the other ones that failed adjust properly because they did that on paper which is no big deal, I just send it back for repairs did that for years.

When the scope fails on a hunt that is another matter. I keep thinking of my friends that are still using Leupolds on the hunting rifles and when they will encounter a failure.

I no longer have ANY Leupolds on a rifle that requires a tag live is too short to hunt with a scope that might fail.

I shoot a lot, so I always find my Leupold failures at the range. Never on a hunt. The laughable part about that is I have older American made (and even the newer ones) Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticles on the majority of my "hunting" rifles. They don't even track "perfectly", but they hold zero very well. I don't dial these scopes, but do use the ballistic plex reticle if the need arises. I wish Leupold would get their chit straight, but they have their heads stuffed so far up that they will never see the light of day. That is sad because I'd love to support a local company, if they had a product you could depend on... What is really sad is the amount of Leupold lovers out there, that are pretty clueless. I am going to list a scope on ebay that I pulled off of a used rifle. It will bring good money (approx $325.00, maybe more), just because it's a pretty Leupold rifle scope...and there are guys out there that just got to have a pretty Leupold on top of their rifle. A lot of those guys don't shoot much, if any at all... I'm glad they are out there though, makes selling old Leupolds easier... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA