Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Damn shame that with those incredible numbers we aren't seeing any slowing of our rapidly accumulating national debt and not so much as an utterance from a politician of any flavor of a plan to reverse the course.

So tell me, at what number does the US debt cause World Wide economic ruin and a second Dark Age.

I’m sure 12 years ago if you knew Obama would double our debt you surely would not have predicted a robust economy and historic low unemployment .

So what’s the magic number?

I don't know the "magic" number. I do know with 10% of our budget going to interest alone, us continuing to add to that number, and nobody so much as talking about it, let alone offering a solution, it makes me uncomfortable.

I raised hell about Obama adding 1T per year and I am raising hell about Trump doing it. While there are some very good aspects to our economy, the bottom line is what matters in any financial picture. Ours is deep red. That's unhealthy. How do we get out of this with no additional consequences when we don't have a plan?

You know, I could go get a bunch of credit cards and run them up, I could borrow money to buy a nice new house, new boat, new camper and new guns. Would you celebrate how well I am doing when I am using my visa to pay my master card and still going further in the red?