It never hurts to hear from someone new. I asked about the comparison to the 6x because he has one.

Honestly, it is too early to say for sure. It came in a few days ago and I've spent less than 5 minutes with it in my hands looking through it indoors. It was after dark and I've not even had a chance yet to look through it in daylight. But 1st impressions are very favorable.

. I bought the 6X during the Labor Day sale for $239 and have been very pleased with it. It is good for a range scope, I've shot out to 600 yards with it at a range. And in certain parts of the country would be a good choice for hunting. But 6X is pushing things for shots at 600+, and is really too much for most of the places where I hunt here in GA.

I debated getting a 10X for $200, but when the 3-9X42 shows up at $450 I knew that is what I wanted. A fixed 10X would be even less versatile to me than 6X. My local range only goes to 300 yards and I don't get to shoot farther very often. It should be a better scope, and 9X gives me the magnification I want for shots past 300 yards while 3X would work if I decide to use it for hunting.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.