One of the camp hunters was late in sending me a pic of his buck.

Interesting story on this one. The buck was double-lunged with a 6.5 Creedmoor at about 175 yards on the edge of a picked corn field, spun around into the woods. On the follow up, which was about 75 yards around a side hill, the hunter came upon a hunter standing over the deer and he was not part of our camp and was on my property. The interloper was asked what was he doing on private land and no this is not a "finders keepers" situation. The intruder makes a quick phone call and said he needed help dragging a deer.

My hunter calls me and after telling me the situation, I told him to walk away and I and others would be there in a few minutes. This was on Monday and there were only 5 of us left in camp and I couldn't reach two guys. I made calls to two neighbors whose farms adjoin mine and both said they would be at the cabin in a jiff. In the mean time, my hunter called and said two other hunters showed up to help the intruder drag the deer and he told me what direction they were going. Aha, they were heading to the land that a Doctor from Milwaukee owns.

18 of us were waiting for them before they crossed over to the Doc's land. No pleasantries were exchanged, 18 cell phones were pulled out for pictures and I called the Sheriff Department. The three intruders would not give us their names or any other information and I said fine, Sheriff deputies and possibly a DNR warden will take your information.

[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime