Recently I acquired a 4.25 in. barrel, L frame, S&W M-69 .44 Mag. I am very familiar with 9mm autos , .38s, .357s, etc., but this is the first serious recoiling pistol I have had. I have been practicing with it a fair amount and have gotten fairly proficient with it, mostly using handloaded .44 Spls using 7.5 gr Unique under a 240 gr coated lead SWC. No recoil problem with this load. However, when shooting magnums using 10 gr Unique under a 240 gr coated lead SWC, the rear of the trigger guard whacks the second knuckle of my middle finger. So, am I somehow gripping it incorrectly or do I need to change the grips? I have been using a 2 hand grip. If I need to change the pistol's grips, which would you recommend? It has the original factory S&W rubber grips. I shot 50 rounds of magnums through it this afternoon and my knuckle is still sore. Thanks for the reply!

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."