For cold weather camping, I use an MSR whisperlite or MSR Dragonfly because white gas performs in cold temps. I prefer the Whisperlite because it seems like the Dragonfly uses more fuel. The Whisperlite has been the standard by which all other stoves are measured for 30 years. I also own an MSR XGK but it's a tank by modern standards.
MSR Whisperlite
MSR Dragonfly
I own the MSR Whisperlite International but I think if I were to buy a new Whisperlite it might be the Universal because it will work with white gas or butane.
MSR Whisperlite Universal

I use an Optimus Crux or an MSR Pocker Rocket for 3-season camping.
Optimus Crux
MSR Pocket Rocket
Wind can reduce the performance of butane stoves so, I use an MSR wind screen when it's windy.
MSR Wind Screen

I use a GSI 2 quart Halulite kettle for boiling weater. It can actually boil about 1 1/2 quarts at a time. The Halulite is pretty lite and they claim that it conducts heat better then Titanium.
GSI Kettle

The GSI kettle and the Optimus Crux with an 8 oz. canister of Isobutane is the lightest workable setup that I have been able to devise. The 8 oz. canister of Isobutane actually weighs about 13 oz. because you have to inlude the weight of the canister. I have a smaller kettle also but it just doesn't heat enough water at once.

Lots of people like the Jetboil and its' competitors. But those combined stove/pot appliances are heavier than my setup and I haven't been able to convince myself that the extra weight is worth it. Also, they are less flexible. You can't use a Jetboil to fry a fish or simmer a caserole.

I use propane in 16oz. canisters and brand X appliances for car camping because they are the most convenient. But they are heavy and bulky not the best alternative for backpacking.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.