I think Biebs is right...for "most folks". I do not fall into that classification, thankfully. For.....decades...I walked my woods nearly every day. Back when we raised cattle it was just checking cows and walking the fence line. After we sold the farm and moved down here the "woods walk" was just for the fun of it. I almost always carry/carried a drilling. Took a lot of squirrels, rabbits, quail killed a yodel dog or two, a few crows and a few deer when in season. My Thieme & Schlegelmelch in 16 X 16 over 9.3 X 75R Nimrod became even more versatile when I installed a 22LR einstecklauf in the right shotgun barrel. I have quite a few fairly nice rifles, double rifles and combination guns I should carry more often but, I almost always grab that T & S drilling. It just works for my purposes and it's......comfortable.

Some of a drilling's use or lack thereof has to depend on where one lives and hunts or woods loafs. Not all states allow the use of something like a drilling either during a season or out. What a shame for the residents.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing