I would assume that when you loaded these troublesome rounds, you first resized & deprimed the brass, flared the case mouths, seated primers, charged the cases and then seated bullets in that order.

If I'm on track here the Wildey is a semi-auto pistol, so the rounds need to be crimped as the bullets are seated (or crimped after seating, which is better IMHO). The crimp for this type of round should be a taper crimp, and if that taper crimp is not sufficient than you might have problems such as you describe. Another possibilty is not seating bullets deep enough.

I would check the loading data for the exact bullet you used to see what the suggested overall length of the finished cartridge should be. If that checks out okay, use a caliper to measure the case diameter right at the case mouth. It should be very close to the diameter measurement you get about an eighth of an inch below the case mouth...if the first measurement is greater than the second, you probably need to adjust your seater die to crimp the case mouth a little more.

Just realized I didn't think to mention the possibility of insufficient sizing. Gotta run those cases ALL the way up into the sizing die as far as they'll go.

Good luck with it.

Last edited by RiverRider; 12/09/19.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.