Originally Posted by Steven60
I plan to try slicing an expendable blank in half and laminate a thin piece of walnut board stock between the halves like the Kilamanjaro/Serengeti shops did/do hoping this will take care of the forearm-warping gremlin.

The only one I have done I full length bedded in one step and wrapped the action tightly with surgical tubing and the fore end just enough to bring stock and fore arm together. It worked out fine. If doing over again I would free float the barrel first, then try a pressure point and then full length bed if the first two options didn't work. Just because this sequence is easier to do and doesn't require additional material to be removed.

On the Kilmanjaro type laminate I have seen some with a layer of graphite cloth on either side of the center veneer. The barrel channel can also be lined with graphite for additional stiffness.

On the Sako two piece "stutzen" rifle the fore end was floated and held in place by the sling band and muzzle cap. I have only shot two of these but both were very accurate, a 308 and a 375.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli