MD, a question in the TAC thread regarding the .356 Winchester prompted me to run a QuickLOAD powder profile, which I posted to the thread. I was curious about LT30's position in the chart relative to a few powders that seem to be good candidates for that cartridge, and I lamented the absence of this powder in my QL database. To my surprise, it lands right next to Accurate 1680. I never loaded for the .22 Hornet, but I was told a long time ago the W680 was once considered THE powder for the Hornet. I also understand (and hopefully not erroneously) that Accurate 1680 was supposed to be very close to W680 in burn rate, but it just never quite performed as well as W680 in the Hornet. Anyway, I was wondering---for no particular reason really, whether you have ever explored the possibility of using LT30 in the Hornet since you're a fan and regular user of the cartridge.

Seems like a worthy venture to me, if it hasn't already proven to be less than a viable combination.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.