Super to see someone is still in the trade. A savior of lost soles. I'm a fan of White's boots with four pair lined up against the bedroom wall. Assembled from leather, quad or triple stitching, glue, screws, and nails. They can be rebuilt with the most recent work being the third pair of heels and soles applied to my most senior purchase. That pair should last through maybe two more rebuilds across maybe 8 or 9 years. Had a fifth pair, but retired them at a WY elk campsite 3 years back. Could not bring myself to dumping them in a landfill. Hopefully they've been recycled by salt starved rodents etc.

Were I nearby, I'd be a customer for sure, and I wish him only the best. As a kid there was usually at least one shop in every town. Not aware of anyone in the trade within 150 miles of here now. Do have some saddle and tack workers around though.

Not much of a fan here of today's molded vinyl and fabric.

This all reminds me of an extremely old story as most shoe maker work was never completed on schedule. Guy took his shoes in for repairs and was drafted for WW II the next day. Some 6 years later, he found his claim slip in a dresser drawer and went to inquire about his foot ware. The cobbler scratched his head a bit, rummaged around for a good while on a top shelf, found a matching slip and shoes, blew off a heavy layer of dust, and replied that they'd be done tomorrow.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 12/10/19.

1Minute