Here is a 2 minute video of the first self driving truck. A load of Budweiser in Colorado, this was filmed 3 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb0Kzb3haK8

I am a driver, and this video gives me the creeps. I see the driver taking off his seat belt, there on the interstate at 65 mph, standing up, and walking back into the sleeper I am shouting "Sit back down! You gotta drive the truck."

Seeing the shot from in front from the drone, the big rig rolling down the interstate with nobody in the driver's seat gives me the creeps.

The big brass at my company told me, 2 years ago, that self driving trucks were the wave of the future. The problem is, that the millennials can't go 11 hours without texting on the Iphone. They can't go 1 hour, in fact.
I am serious that is what my managers told me, that is why the industry is shifting to self driving trucks. The Millennial "driver" pulls out from the dock, he shuts the doors, he drives it 2 miles onto the interstate, and then, he goes back into the sleeper and sends text messages on his Iphone while the computer drives his truck down the interstate.

ps. I hate Iphones. I am not just a Luddite, I am a Neanderthal with some of the highest Neanderthal dna ever tested for. I am in the top 4 percent. I hate Iphones, they are the new religion.