Got to fondle the Bergara B14 Rimfire Trainer at the LGS today. They received it yesterday. $1129 sticker price. This particular rifle was spoken for, but others are on the way.

Held it, and a HMR. Hard to tell the difference as far as weight and handling. The Rimfire may be a little easier handling, but that is IMHO do to the 18" vs 24" barrel that was on the HMR that I was comparing it to. Trigger was very good. I might have to think twice about swapping it out for a TriggerTech. Best I could tell, it is NOT a controlled round feed like the Vudoo. Lots of 'internet lawyers' over on another forum are suggesting that Bergara infringed on a patent. Not getting into that discussion.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of reports surface in the near future as to how this gun shoots. One can only hope that it approaches decent accuracy. Sticker on the barrel said 'Sub-MOA Guarantee'. Before I jump on the bandwagon and buy one, I do want to compare it to the CF barreled version that is supposed to ship in Feb/Mar.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.