Thanks for the thoughts, all.

Do realize it could be pricey, hence the solicitation.

Just personal - don’t care for horizontal rings.

Ed, thx. I use s&k’ on small actions as they look nice. Have been thru the conetrol phase, too, and as look at the rifle, all swoopy, polished curves, think that may be best as off the shelf choices go. They make a melted and polished finish i never tried before.

Utah, thanks for the encouragement. Thought about DIY with a set of talleys; would be satisfying to pull off! In the end, am way in the negative column on free time these days, though. Maybe will take an old pair and take a trial go over winter, though loooong list ahead of that job. Those old kimber rings were sweetly done, it’s neat you acquired some of them for projects.

PS what sort of fixture worked best for you to hold and orient the rings for shaping? Am picturing fixing the paired halves to 1” steel bar (lapping bar or similar), placed with edge of rings flush with end of bar. Other end in vice.

Last edited by sandcritter; 12/14/19.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.