Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If you had to, which would you choose?

Laffin’
Compare NH’s laws/Constitution to others, including the South.

Y’all can give us the ‘Yankee’ [bleep] all you want, but NH still stands well in front of most where individual liberty is concerned.

Then why does NH keep electing those that want to take it away from everyone?

Much of NH south of Concord is, more or less, an extension of suburban Boston, while the 2/3 of NH north of Concord is mostly conservative, with the exception of the college towns of Hanover and Plymouth and Hanover's "suburb", Lebanon. The majority of the people in NH live south of Concord and tend to think and act like they are part of MA.

A guy who I know a bit had been a NH county sheriff for a long time, was competent, respected, and generally well liked, but he was voted out of office in 2018 because he is a conservative republican. He lost the election because the liberal Democrats in Hanover, Lebanon, and Plymouth voted him out as push-back against President Trump. He was the best, most experienced, candidate and the so called "Blue Wave" got him. I think that it was a short sighted move, but the vitriol that so many Democrats have toward President Trump appears to have influenced them to damn all Republicans and raise up all Democrats without regard for who the best, most qualified candidate actually was.

I think that the political environment in NH may be similar to CO, CT, OR, and WA, in that the liberal populations are concentrated in urban/suburban zip codes, while the conservative populations are scattered n the rural parts of the states. Majority rules and the greater number of voting urban/suburban liberals keeps their agenda moving forward.