Originally Posted by RickF
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
[quote=RickF]Call your favourite benchrest gunsmith and ask him to build you a 308 that will shoot quarter minute. They will say no problem. Ask him to build any of the others that will shoot under a half minute, he won’t do it. Accuracy wise, there’s no comparison, 308 is far more accurate.

Just because your rifle may not be capable of shooting to the 308s potential, doesn’t mean the 308 is no more accurate.

I don’t own a 308, haven’t for several years, but facts is facts. smile

No comparison? B.S.

Granted, the .308 has some desirable design characteristics, including a relatively short case. But cartridge design is only one part of rifle accuracy. To suggest a well built.rifle chambered for a 30-06 case length cartridge can't be quarter MOA is just nuts. [/quote

Find one and get back to us. What we think we know and feelings don’t matter, facts do.

And let’s not forget that when talking about the accuracy of a rifle, it is what it can be expected to do any time you sit down with it in decent conditions. Not that one group that we saved from two years ago.

Pretty tough to prove a negative, which is what you are asking me to do. My 6.5-06AI shoots clovers so I know long-action cartridges based on the .30-06 length are doable.

These people seem to agree:

https://www.sniperforums.com/forum/rifles/23119-1-4-moa-30-06-sticks.html

As you say, facts is facts and feelings and wishes don't matter. You must be feeling butthurt.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.