Yep, its official, I have the greatest wife on planet Earth. She is well aware that my life long dream is to Elk hunt in the West. Growing up here in NH, I have been fortunate to have grown up in a 5 generation hunting family, and have taken deer, bear, moose, rabbit, grouse, and a handful of predators. My dream has always been to hunt the west for elk. Well, when I opened up my birthday card last week from my wife, I realized that dream will come true. I will be hunting with Broadmouth Canyon outfitters in Idaho, along with my lifelong best friend and hunting partner during the first week of September, 2020. I am excited beyond belief!! I have a significant gun collection including several hunting rifles, but have decided to take a Tikka T3X Lite rifle in 300 WSM. I will be topping it with a vortex 4-12 scope, and since I reload for most of my hunting applications, have decide to try 180 Nosler Partitions with RL 22 powder as a starting point. Given the choice to drive or fly, we are leaning hard towards driving the 2500 mies each way, as we are thinking bringing home our meat and heads will be easier/cheaper this way. We have chosen a "management bull" hunt each, and are looking forward to this trip of a lifetime.
I would appreciate any and all tips, pointers, or advice from you folks West of the big River who have elk hunting experiences. Gear, equipment, tips, tricks, and advice would be much appreciated from this New England Hill Billy. I had the good fortune of moving out to, and living in the little town of Salmon, Idaho when I graduated from Forestry School in 1990. It was the most incredible place I have ever been, and can't wait to get back to God's country, if even for a week. Thanks in advance to any and all who have anything to offer, I have found the croud here at "The Fire", to be a helpful and enjoyable bunch of folks over the past several years.

Rich

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales