Such a nice thread you started . Was sitting last evening thinking about my Mom and how blessed I have been to have her so long . I am 64. She turned 100 last May. Still lives by herself. Quit driving a week before 100. Has a great mind and memory. She cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my sister,my wife and I . Doing the same for Christmas, along with my wife cooking some too.
You mentioned ,when hugging her ,take in her smell. I do that all the time and even mention to her how I love her smell.

She and Dad had a flower shop and greenhouses. She never failed to still put on an awesome supper every evening . She ALWAYS made all the holidays special. To this day when I go on a fishing trip or to our cabin ,she makes me something to take along to eat.

As far as smells go for to mention this . Lost my Dad 9 years ago. Mom gave me some of his clothes. All were washed and put in the closest as he wore them. This fall I put on one of his sweat shirts and I still could smell Dad. Guys we have our own smells too. Brought tears to my eyes.

Well got to stop ,as these onions i am cutting ,like the other guy said ,are getting to me .

Thank you LORD for blessing me with wonderful parents and still being able to spend Christmas with Mom . Lord willing , my wife and I have 9 jigsaw puzzle to do with Mom this winter . Go to Mom's house a couple evenings a week to spend time with her .