I recently went thru this same search.I ended up with a Ten Point Invader X4 as it is the narrowest one I found when cocked for the money .It also weighs only 6.3 pounds and comes with the crank cocker. These retail for about $599.I got mine at Scheels for $499.The $1000+ only gives you more bells and whistles. If this is a short time deal stick with the $500 ones.Look on Ebay.A lot of used ones for sale

The Accudraw 50 is a rope pull type cocker that takes about 1/2 the force of a crossbow's draw weight to cock it.The Accudraw is crank type cocker and takes about 12 pounds to cock it. Plan to spend about $250 for accessories, like bolts, target points, broad heads, target, string wax, rail lube, case. The difference in price between a xbow with a rope cocker and a crank cocker is about $100

I had my rt shoulder replaced in 2018 and drawing conventional bow is not possible. Colorado P&W gave me a life time permit to use a crossbow in regular archery season.

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/22/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles