I think Higbean did that conversion also.......
Local guy I run into here once in a while around town, has a 74 or 75 F 250 4 WD,,,,

his sons, own a diesel repair business in town...

they had one of those IVECo's trucks brought into the shop that had been totalled, the customer just let the vehicle go..

when Dad's old 390 finally went with 300K plus on it, they pulled the IVECO engine out and trans and put it in the F 250...

He's got alike a 50 gallon after market tank on the F 250 due to the old 390 camper special....

he ran the vehicle up to Bellingham WA to visit his brother and made it all the way back to Roseburg before he had to fill it up.....worked out he was running 24 mpg or so on it.. and that is what he still gets with it....

due to the age of his truck and where he lives in Oregon ( no EPA inspection), it doesn't have the DEF crap on it...
Lewss HO over the 390 4 Barrel, but it makes up for it in torque....

I think that IVECO engine is a 6, but I really don't remember, as the last time I saw one its been quite a while...the vehicles are certainly around enough.... commercial vehicles.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez