Originally Posted by cwh2
I had the same thoughts, but my first day would be hilarious.

I've had a running joke of a campaign platform called the "turn out the lights" campaign for years. We are taking down all street lights. On the highway, in town, everywhere. I mean, cars are already required to have headlights, so why the double spending? Then we take all the money made from selling (and money saved by no longer maintaining) those lights, and we buy everybody a headlamp. A good one. Now, you are in charge of your own lighting.

Sell it to the left with "reducing light pollution" and "lowering energy consumption". Sell it to the right with "the government is not responsible for illumination", "small government", etc. Somebody brought up the idea that "unlit areas are less safe", which I would like to see some actual statistics on, but regardless, we have all this light money, so I'm also buying everybody a gun. Now you are responsible for your own lighting, and your own safety and the government has provided you to the tools.

------------------------------TURN OUT THE LIGHTS 2020!-----------------------------------------------------

Would you have an open season on druggies too?