Originally Posted by Ed_T
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Ed_T
God, most of you guys sound like my granddaughter... she doesn’t like anything.
She has the excuse that she’s only 9.

I guess you can look at it like that, though it's a pretty shallow way of looking at it. Your 9 yr GD hasn't developed a pallet yet. One can survive off of a lot of horrible foods. However I am at a point in my life I don't need or care to eat trash.

My point being, unless a person has tried every meal from every freeze dried company, general statements don’t work. I’ve tried most of the variety from Mountain House, BP, Alpine Air and a few others. All of them had meals I would not buy, and all of them had meals that were ok.
No, freeze dried food is not like what I would eat at home but is convenient and mostly nutritious.
The fresh meat and vegetables that I mostly subsist on is not practical on a backpack hunt.

It isn't like there are a million different offerings. I think most guys by now have found the ones they like from the brands they like. That being said from my experience Peak Refuel is hands down the Winner for me! Your point was not what you wrote in this last post. Your statement or point was, You were comparing guys to your 9 yo gd. Basically saying they are picky eaters. I don't find that to be true at all. I see it as freeze dried food has evolved and guys are finding that the old guard of Freeze Dried food is garbage.

Most of Peak's offerings are about half the sodium as the others as well. Another plus to me. Of course they have offerings that are not to my liking. But in fairness I don't like any Freeze dried Breakfast offerings. The only two offerings from Peak I don't eat are the granola and the eggs.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.