I like my .260 because it is short action, light recoil and I can instantly turn .243 and 7mm/08 brass into .260 brass. I also like the fact that it fires high sectional density cup and core (cheap) bullets at moderate velocities which yields good performance and deep penetration. I have only recovered one 140gr. conventional bullet from a deer, the others have been pass throughs. The rifle is a youth Model Seven Remington with a 20" barrel. The short length of pull works perfectly with winter hunting wear and the Leupold fixed 2.5 power scope which has a four minute Lee dot. The rifle comes to shoulder instantly and the Lee dot seems to find the target automatically. The Rifle Basix trigger seems to fire the cartridge on it's own the instant the dot is on the game. It is the closest thing I have ever owned to a magic wand. The short overall length and light weight makes it carry like one.

A 6.5 Creedmore is a slightly altered .260 with less body taper, sharper shoulder and shorter overall length. It has a tiny bit less case capacity but a slightly higher SAAMI pressure. It's claim to fame is the fact that it being slightly shorter (with a little longer neck) it will hold longer bullets and still fit in a short action. It has a 8" twist and the .260 came with 8" and also 9" twists, depending on rifle manufacturers.