I own two of the new Ruger PC's, one in 9mm and one in .40. In addition, I have one of the older PC-4 Ruger carbines in .40. I have never had a malfunction with any of them. The new ones are both set up to use Glock magazines, and both of them wear Aimpoint PRO red dot sights. I removed the risers from the PRO's so that they sit lower and allow a good cheek weld. The factory barrel-mounted peep sights are surprisingly fast and accurate to use as well. I don't consider the old model .40 to be really suitable for optics and just use it with the issue open iron sights.

The older one handles very much like an M-1 Carbine and it is my "house gun". The new ones are slightly heavier but still quite handy. I especially like being able to shorten the pull by removing buttplate spacers on the new ones.

They are great fun as plinkers and very capable defensive weapons within 100 yards, although they certainly can be stretched a bit further than that. My new 9mm and .40 have no trouble keeping everything within 2 inches at 50 yards and usually do better than that. The 33-round 9mm Glock magazine functions fine, but aesthetically seems a bit too long in the 9mm. The 22-round Glock .40 magazine functions just as well and looks "just right" to my eye.

I have moved the bolt operating handle on both new models to the left side, which I much prefer. The takedown feature works easily and lockup is tight. The new models have 10/22 style trigger groups and magazine catches. Their trigger pulls are very nice, and much lighter than the old model PC4.

I carry one or the other of the new models as a truck gun in a DU-HA carrier under the rear seat. I consider them handier and quicker to access than an AR would be.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 12/31/19.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...