Mule Deer had a nice article this month in Handloader, enjoyable, I really miss the articles that used to appear monthly in the gun magazines of yesteryear that featured a piece of history from the World Wars. If any of you fellows are thinking about digging out your old warhorse, there is one thing I might mention. Graf and Sons offers a .312 target bullet by Hornady, #3031G, a 174 gr boat tail and in my rifles it has performed superbly in the ".31's". ......303 Brit with groove diameters .314" or less, 7.62 x 53R, 7.7 Jap and the 7.65 x 53 Mauser. Loading to velocities duplicating the original milspec ball is easy and safe, fairly well shoots to the issue sights on unaltered models. One of the 7.65's is an FN 98 Peruvian contract, so I load it a little perkier than a similar .308 Win. and it can hold 1 moa on the 600 yd line...so the Grafs bullet is a good one I believe. Dust off your warhorse and give 'er a whirl.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.