No great story to be told on this one, just stumbled into a really good buck this afternoon is all.

The wind turbine project behind built on our mule deer place have moved the deer around some it seems, as they have been very hard to find, at least for me. Decided to spend the day hiking/hunting a section of the ranch void of roads, cattle, people, and unfortunately elevation change. It is about 5 square miles of flat sandy country with scattered mesquite patches. Had only seen a couple of does until about 2:30 in the afternoon. I was walking by a very small and unimpressive patch of mesquite when unexpectedly, a doe bounced out of the middle of it, trotting off about 140 yds or so I'd guess. Not surprisingly, a buck from the same brush stood up and followed her out there, quartering away. The sticks were already set for a standing shot, and the139gr Scenar from the Tikka T3x 6.5 entered in front of the hing quarter, and exited about 6" behind the off shoulder. Impressive penetration and performance for sure, This was actually my first big buck kill (8x8, 29" wide) with that particular bullet, so hat's off the the guys on the 'fire here that made the rec.

As I've said before, blind ass luck trumps skill any and every day of the week.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wDXWf64.jpg?1[/img]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.