I decided to try and lighten up my Excalibur package. I removed the scope it came with (over 20oz with cheap alloy rings), and mounted a See All Mk2 Open Sight (2.4oz). Took longer to find the teensy Allen wrench I'd put in a "safe" place than to get it dialed in at 30 yards. Test shots went well, no real difference in effective accuracy at that range, and handling and tote-ability are much improved since the See All is very compact. Might have to give it a try on turkeys in the Spring.

Needs more testing to be sure my choice of zero range is the best choice. The first two deer I shot with this bow were at about 35 yards, this year's pair both at about 20. Don't want to have to think too much when presented with a shot.

I took it outside at 4:30 (sunset, more or less now), and the delta reticle was still quite visible. There's a tritium-lit version on the way, which I picked up at 50% off from one of their frequent sales. That one has the crosshair and will go on a .22 of some sort for testing. Previously, I was able to mount the See All on a rail with a CTC green laser in front with no interference, so that might get another try.

https://seeallopensight.com/

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/03/20.

What fresh Hell is this?