Exactly, could be many different circumstances and variables that we don't know. Key phrase is "taking his daughter WITH HIM". So, sounds like for whatever reason, it worked out he is going this year, and decided as a parent that his daughter could join. I highly doubt she sees herself as being drug there or forced to do it. Maybe she has hunted with him for years already. If so, that's great. Would he have been a better parent to leave her here for a week or whatever while he goes on his own?

Here in Michigan, a month ago, there was a Michigan elk tag donated to an 8 year old girl. She went hunting with her dad and a guide and got a 500 pound cow elk with a .308. This particular girl has been already hunting for years with her dad. There was a video a few years ago of her shooting a turkey.

So, it all depends on the situation. I myself have an 8 year old. She hasn't shown much interest in hunting yet, but that could change. I could have legally started her hunting and shooting any time I wanted to. But, would I force her to- just because I felt like she needed to learn or have the experience? Absolutely not.